McKinsey & Company have published a series of Articles on Customer Experience. The articles look at the creation of competitive advantage by putting customers first, mapping touchpoint and managing their journeys.
Too many companies squander the treasure that is customer feedback. The solution is systematically measuring the customer’s voice and integrating it into a culture of continuous feedback.
1. PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST
- Developing a Customer Experience Vision
To provide a distinctive experience for customers, an organization must unite around the goal of meeting their true needs.
- The secret to delighting customers: Putting employees first
The main hurdle in customer experience is translating boardroom vision into action at the front line.
- Improving the business-to-business customer experience
Adopting a customer-centric mind-set is just as critical in B2B dealings as it is when serving retail customers.
2. MEASURING AND MANAGING CUSTOMERS
- From touchpoints to journeys: Seeing the world as customers do
To maximize customer satisfaction, companies have long emphasized touchpoint.
- Using rapid process digitization to transform the customer experience
Transforming the customer experience requires a level of speed and precision that traditional approaches can’t meet.
- Putting behavioral psychology to work to improve the customer experience
Applying the principles of behavioral psychology can improve the quality of customer interactions and build brand recognition as a customer-centric organization.
3. ORGANIZING FOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
- Leading and governing the customer-centric organisation
The uniquely cross-functional nature of effective customer-experience efforts puts a premium on smart governance.
- Designing and starting up a customer-experience transformation
To successfully initiate a broad improvement program, decide on a structure, select the sequence that’s right for your type of company.
Linking the customer experience to value
Many customer-experience transformations stall because leaders can’t show how these efforts create value.