The book is one of the first I have come across which covers user-centered Information Design in a visual designers perspective, it is worthwhile checking out.
Here are some chapters and topics covered in the book, including most important process – developing and writing User Scenarios.
1. Determining What Your Web Site Needs
2. Developing and Writing User Scenarios
3. Designing User-Centered Content
4. Developing a Site Map and User Workflows
5. Creating a Navigation Scheme and Page Layouts
6. Testing a Functional Prototype
7. The Ongoing Process of User-Driven Enhancements